The Audio Engineering Diploma Program was designed from the ground up for the individual who has a passion for music and sound.
At RAIS, students are not only exposed to the traditional tools and hardware of the audio industry, but also benefit from a specific focus on advanced training in the industry standard software, Pro Tools.
This immersive Program is focused on delivering a practical and relevant education with true hands-on instruction, while building the student’s network and portfolio. The training and real world experience offered by RAIS gives our graduates the skills and confidence they need to advance into a career in this challenging and exciting field.
The Rais Difference
- Less note taking, more recording, producing, editing and mixing.
- Gain real world experience by recording at least a dozen acts of all genres.
- Faculty that have worked on gold and platinum selling albums.
- 80 hours of individual time in the studio after class to record personal projects.
The Audio Engineering program is a 6 month, full-time, comprehensive diploma program that covers all relevant aspects of audio engineering and music production.
Term Start Dates: March 2019 and September 2019
9am – 1pm (Mon-Fri)
Total Instructional Hours
- Introduction to Audio Engineering
- Pro Tools Introduction
- Basic Electronics in Relation to Audio
- Pro Tools Intermediate
- Music Production and Mixing
- Pro Tools Advanced
- Production (Location) Sound
- Audio Post Production
- Live Sound
- Professional Development
Extracurricular Studio Time:
Each student is allotted over 80 hours of studio time to work on personal projects. Students in the past have used this time to record their own albums or work with other bands and musicians.
Optional Computer Lab Time:
The computer lab is available from 1pm – 9pm, Monday – Friday for students to work on any school or personal projects.